ExpertTutor’; ‘we’; ‘our’; ‘us’; and ‘the company’ means ExpertTutor of
Expert Tutor is a platform designed to facilitate online tutoring lessons between Students, Parents, Guardians and Tutors. The safety and security of you and/or your child’s personal data is our paramount consideration. All parties who utilise Expert Tutor services can share messages, lesson recordings, assignments, presentations and other tutoring files, with the confidence that your data is safe in our hands.
In order to provide our services to you, we must process personal data about you, or Personally Identifiable Information (PII). We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of compliance with regulatory environments.
By using our services or products, you are presumed to have read and understood this Privacy Statement.
Types of data that we collect
We always strive to be totally transparent about our practices concerning the collection and use of personal data. When you access or use our services, we collected the following:
- Contact Data: Parent/Guardian full name, email address
- Student Data: Type of tutoring requested, tutor assigned to student, student location, languages spoken, video footage (lesson session recording - consent only), app message content, uploads, attachments;
- Tutor Data: Qualifications, specialism, location (country), accreditations, hours taught, previous career/coaching experience, message content, to-do lists, video footage (lesson session recording), tutor/student notes, uploads and attachments;
- System Data: IP address, Device Type, Browser Type, Timestamp (log-ins/offs), Date and Times of messages sent;
- Cookie Data: Session cookies for app log-in authentication purposes;
- Marketing Data: Email address, marketing preference (opt in/opt out), records of consent, list of unsubscribed clients and marketing leads
- Transaction Data: payments for bookings within the Services and past transaction history (no payment card information is shared with the company as is processed by Stripe Payment Services (UK)
- Account data: Expert Tutor username and password (login credentials)
- Information you provide to us during customer service interactions and to receive technical assistance from us.
- Aggregated data or other information that does not identify individuals, for example information regarding our website visits.
- App downloads, email delivery, test delivery and engagement.